What is spiritual life formation?
Christian spiritual formation is the process of being conformed to the image of Christ for the glory of God and for the sake of others (II Corinthians 3:17-18).
- The student will experience the impact and power of a transformational small group discipleship process. This will provide a model for future ministry and development. He or she will learn the transformative power of Christian community.
- The student will be able to define and defend a biblically and theologically sound model of Christian maturity with the responsibilities we have to God, ourselves, and others.
- The student will learn how to integrate biblical truth into her or his instincts and emotions.
- The student will develop the ability to minister to his or her own heart.
- The student will gain critical understanding so as to evaluate models of spirituality.
- The student will understand the relationship between spiritual change and his or her acceptance with God through Christ. This acceptance exists because of justification by faith.
- The student will learn the impact of their own family background while learning the elements of healthy family life and relational skills.
- The student will consciously and continually compare herself or himself to the norms developed in the course.